That's it, Fort Pitt
As promised, I'm back to blogging. Look at me, two days in a row.Today we went to Fort Pitt for RADical days, meaning it was free admission. This is a place I've been wanting to take Sal, and I thought it might be interesting to the girls as well. I think it grabbed Emmy's attention, maybe not Sarah's so much, although she did admit to liking the arts and crafts projects.
They learned about wampum and made bracelets and necklaces with leather and plastic beads, white for peace and purple to symbolize power. These were two common colors among Native Americans.
The kids decorated paper flags, and Emmy is shown with hers in front of Heinz Field at The Point.
We also practiced engraving (on the far right), an art form typically seen on powder horns from early America.
After touring the museum, we hung out at Point State Park on this gorgeous sunny Sunday. I'd forgotten how special this area is to the city of Pittsburgh.
Comments
Post a Comment