Emmy's Ninth Birthday

My little pumpkin is growing up. She seems like a nine year old though so I won't say it snuck up on me, nor will I wonder where the years have gone.

We invited Grandma and Pop-Pop, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ron, Auntie Em and Uncle Joe, and Anthony and William. This may have been the best party I've ever pulled off, and I planned it all in about 24 hours.

Emmy had wanted a rainbow ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, and so I ran with that theme. 

At the last possible moment, we ran to Target and they had a blue tablecloth with rainbows all over it. Perfection. 

I found a recipe for a layered rainbow jello dessert, and not only did it look amazing, it was delicious. I followed the directions and it came together flawlessly. I made a layered fruit salad, and we did a veggie tray as well. I tried to incorporate as many different colors into the food as I could.

My mom had made the BBQ ham, and my sister brought a pumpkin spice cake, both delicious and enjoyed by all.

This party came together so easily, but more importantly, Emmy loved it.

As the party was getting started, I mentioned our thermostat had been acting up and Joe and my dad installed a new one for us. We knew it was failing so we already had a thermostat on hand as a replacement.

It was another gorgeous, summer-like day so the kids even had a chance to play outside for awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.