So Sick

Poor Sarah!

She vomited in her bed at 11:45 last night and then every five minutes after. From the outset she said she stomach hurt like someone was stabbing her. Around 1am, I finally called the on-call nurse although my mind was pretty much made up to take her to Children's. I called her dad and let him know what was going on. He met us at the hospital.

They got us back into a room quickly, and immediately gave her Zofran. Unfortunately, it didn't settle her stomach right away and she continued vomiting, though not at such frequent intervals. After several hours, the vomiting did stop and we got home around 5:30.

It was determined that all she had was a virus, and not appendicitis, which was a concern initially with regard to the stomach pain she was feeling.

Sal called off so that he could take care of Sarah and Seth so I could sleep. Emmy couldn't wait to get out of the house and off to school. Sal made sure she got to the bus stop on time.

I disinfected everything twice, and kept Sarah confined to her room. She slept most of the day. She has to be out of school tomorrow as well to ensure this doesn't spread to other kids. I plan to introduce her to the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm sure she'll love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.