Let there be Light!
Sal finished framing the basement, and the electricians were here yesterday and today. In addition to installing can lights, switches, and outlets in the basement, we had some projects completed upstairs as well.
I wanted an outlet added underneath the window in the girls' room. There are two outlets in their room, but they are hidden on the wall beside their beds. With the new outlet, we'll be able to plug in an alarm clock and a humidifier.
The electricians also switched out the horrible ceiling fan in Seth's room with a much nicer model. The original one was too small for the room, loud, and a little wobbly too, when on high. The new one is much better fit and silent. He loves it.
Something I've been wanting for awhile was a fancier light in our master bath, ie powder room. The cheap square fan and light was just an eyesore. It did the job, but I wanted something a little more girly. I don't love the medallion, but it was all Lowe's had in this size so I went with it. A medallion was necessary because the opening for the fan was bigger than what we needed for the new light. It is what it is.
The electricians added a motion light in our linen closet. We haven't had a light in there since about the second week we were in the house because I snapped off the pull chain to the light bulb. It's so nice, and bright too. When you open the door, the light comes on and shuts off a few seconds after the door closes. Very exciting.
We are one step closer to having a garbage disposal in our kitchen too. An outlet was added under the sink so that it's able to be plugged in. Who remodels a kitchen in 2007 and doesn't add a disposal? Our sellers. Ugh.
It wasn't cheap at $2400, but I feel like we're making progress on making this house our own.
I wanted an outlet added underneath the window in the girls' room. There are two outlets in their room, but they are hidden on the wall beside their beds. With the new outlet, we'll be able to plug in an alarm clock and a humidifier.
The electricians also switched out the horrible ceiling fan in Seth's room with a much nicer model. The original one was too small for the room, loud, and a little wobbly too, when on high. The new one is much better fit and silent. He loves it.
Something I've been wanting for awhile was a fancier light in our master bath, ie powder room. The cheap square fan and light was just an eyesore. It did the job, but I wanted something a little more girly. I don't love the medallion, but it was all Lowe's had in this size so I went with it. A medallion was necessary because the opening for the fan was bigger than what we needed for the new light. It is what it is.
The electricians added a motion light in our linen closet. We haven't had a light in there since about the second week we were in the house because I snapped off the pull chain to the light bulb. It's so nice, and bright too. When you open the door, the light comes on and shuts off a few seconds after the door closes. Very exciting.
We are one step closer to having a garbage disposal in our kitchen too. An outlet was added under the sink so that it's able to be plugged in. Who remodels a kitchen in 2007 and doesn't add a disposal? Our sellers. Ugh.
It wasn't cheap at $2400, but I feel like we're making progress on making this house our own.
Comments
Post a Comment