Celebrations!

We celebrated Emmy's First Communion and Mother's Day with a cook-out at home. Unfortunately the weather was chilly, but we packed everyone into our house. Seth slept while the rest of us enjoyed.

My dad made burgers and Sal grilled, my mom made the potato salad and helped the girls make a fluffy fruit salad, and I pulled it all together as guests arrived around 1pm. 

Emmy really seemed to enjoy herself and received quite a few presents. My mom gave her this print of the Blessed Mother with Baby Jesus. I plan to hang it on the wall behind her bed. Sal and I gave her a cross that was made from the old doors at St. Ursula when they were replaced a couple years ago. She also received a rosary, a St. Anne figurine, bracelets, and cash.

Emmy's cake from Jean-Marc Chatelier Bakery was beautiful, and tasty too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.