Whew
![]() |
| We should have paid more attention to this. |
Since the weather didn't cooperate for a trip to Kennywood, I told Sal I wanted to run the girls to the mall and then hit Target for baby cereal. I didn't know what time the mall opened, but figured it would be 10 or 11am. We arrived at 10:40. Sears was the only store open, but lucky for us that's where I had parked. We mosied through the upper level and stopped by the perfume department to try a few different scents. I'm sure we smelled simply divine.
We window-shopped through the mall to the food court and took the escalator down to the lower level. We waited for Auntie Anne's to open and I bought us a little snack. We shared a cup of pretzel bites. Sarah and I dipped ours in cheese, but Emmy opted for plain, as I knew she would. The girls said they'd never had Auntie Anne's and it had been awhile for me too. I love them, Sarah liked them, and Emmy said she didn't think she'd have one again.
We also hit the 75% off sale at Bath and Body Works, and I let them pick soap for them to take to school this fall. I know it's early, but you have to jump on these sales while you can. The soap will keep. Last year their teachers allowed them to bring in their own soaps because the school's is so drying. We spent a long time smelling different scents and deciding on a flavor only to change our minds five seconds later. Finally I told them they had to make their final selections and then we were on our way.
Emmy has been asking to go to Old Navy to return a dress she received. She didn't care for the fit, and hit the clearance racks to get two or three things in exchange for one. She's quite the shopper, and had specific ideas in mind for what she wanted. She chose two layered tank tops, pink and blue. I had to admit they seemed pretty nice, very soft.
I was also happy to see school uniforms on sale and in-store. We have some skirts and tops leftover from last year, but I figured it couldn't hurt to pick a few things up.
We left the mall, made a couple other quick stops, and then headed home.
Something that's been bothering me, but the weather has been to wet and hot for, are the windows. I don't think I got around to washing windows last summer. . .imagine that. So, I popped out the screens, let the girls spray each other's feet in between washings, and cleaned the windows. Which led to washing the curtains. Which then led to cleaning the ceiling fan and removing the globes for washing. Then I got the bright idea to clean under the bed so Sal and I propped all the pieces up and vacuumed our carpet. When he moved in we just threw our room together so it was nice to take some time and clean it really well. Things are still a mess, but I guess they'll have to wait for another day. Sal wants to hit the VIP sale at Levin's this evening. We're still looking for a bedroom set we both like that won't break the bank, or be too big for our room.
Fortunately Sal was willing to cook dinner because deep cleaning our bedroom is not a chore that should be started at 3pm.
Update: We did go to Levin's. I have to wonder just what we were thinking. Seth filled his diaper shortly after we arrived, the store doesn't have a changing table in either bathroom, and there were no wipes or diaper cream in his bag. After he was changed, he spit up. . .a lot. . .twice.
The girls were a bit crazy wanting to help us choose a set, or pulling us from one display to another before we really had a chance to look. After about 20 minutes we wisely waved the white flag and left. Sometimes all you do is laugh. What had we been thinking?

Comments
Post a Comment