Journey off the Map

This is the first year for Sarah and Emmy to participate in VBS. The theme is "Journey Off The Map." The promo states, "Journey Off The Map takes your kids to uncharted territory where they will begin to understand that obedience to God can lead them beyond the expected. So, toss the map, stick close to your guide, and prepare to listen for God’s direction in this journey that is unknown to us, but known by Him."

I arrived a little early for pick-up, but couldn't find my daughters in this mass of humanity. The counselors wear blue and the kids wear green. They are divided by age, as far as I can tell. Sarah is a lemur and Emmy is a toad.

Today was the first day and they had a great time. Snack was fishing themed. They were each given pretzel rods, a cup of either cream cheese or icing, and a cup of goldfish crackers. Apparently they were to dip their "fishing rod" in the cream cheese or icing and then "catch" a fish. My kids went for icing, of course, but they seemed to think it was a good snack.

They also worked on a craft project and had a chance to play outside, with water. That was a hit too.

VBS is only three hours long, but it does give Sal a break since he's home alone with all three kiddos the rest of the week. I'm coming into work at 6am so I can leave at 2:30. I think the adults will be the most tired after this crazy week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.