Abstract Artists

Since Seth was born, I haven't gotten to spend a whole lot of time with only the older children. I thought we could all use a fun night out, and found an art class at the library.

I had no idea what to expect. 

One of the librarians read the children a story about Wassily Kandinsky, an artist I had never heard of before, called The Noisy Paintbox. She held their attention, and I enjoyed learning about him as well. Kandinsky, for those of us who don't know, was an abstract artist. 

When the librarian finished reading, she sent all the children back to a long row of tables. They had both pastels and water color paints to use. They were supposed to develop a story line through a series of symbol-like pictures which they drew on paper using pastels. Once they had all of their characters drawn they painted over the entire piece using water colors. The effect was really quite cool, but I don't know how impressed the girls really were.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.