Tonight, We Rehearse
I found the most perfect rehearsal dinner invitations online. We weren't going to send formal invitations, but our wedding party started asking us the particulars and this seemed like an easy solution.
Our rehearsal went smoothly along until afterward when Monsignor asked us for the marriage license so he could fill it out and mail it for us. Sal and I just looked at one another. Marriage license?!?!? I could not for the life of me remember seeing it anywhere, but my sweet little 5 year old said, "Mommy, it's on the bed at the hotel." I have no idea how she knew this, but she was right. After about 15 minutes of pure panic we had the license in hand and were returning to the church to give it to Monsignor.
With heart rate's returning to normal, we returned to the hotel for our rehearsal dinner. The Ale House at the Quality Inn in Franklin provided the meal, and we enjoyed our dinner in the Garrison Room. We had a buffet with chicken marsala and ham, and it was delicious. My parents provided cheesecake and homemade pie. We had a wonderful evening with our guests, and it was so special to have those who mean the most to us with us to celebrate.
After dinner everyone went their separate ways. Sal headed down to the bar with some of his friends and family, others returned home, and the girls and I went upstairs to our room. This was our last night as a family of three.

Comments
Post a Comment