Spring Break

The last few years we've traveled for Spring Break, but this year we were forced to stay home. Sal has hernia surgery scheduled for April 14, and I made my final consultation for eye surgery on April 12.

I am extremely nearsighted, and I have been trying to get new glasses since December. It's been one frustrating detail after another. The first couple of pairs I tried resulted in a sloping floor, wavy details, and nausea. With my prescription, it just isn't as simple as ordering a new pair of lenses and moving on with my life. The center of my lenses have to be the exact right prescription or the world goes wonky.

My opthamologist threw out the idea of having a clear lens exchange done - basically cataract surgery for people with poor vision and no cataracts. Naturally insurance won't cover it, but at this point, it seemed like a logical option.

I have met with the eye surgeon who said I was a good candidate, and will meet with a retina specialist on April 12. If he clears me for surgery we can move forward. 

With a high prescription like me, there's an increased risk of retina detachment and the surgeon wants the imput of a retina specialist. Fingers crossed, although it seems the odds are in my favor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.