Bifocals for the Babe

We're home from vacation, and I'm back to work. Seth's new glasses, his bifocals, came in while we were out of town, and I wanted to pick them up as soon as possible so Sal took him to Lawrenceville today.

I asked how he was doing with them, and Sal said he hates them. I put a call into the doctor, and then did some research online. What wasn't clear to me at the doctor's is that he needs the bifocals to force his eyes to work together. He doesn't have a vision issue as much as he has issues with the eye muscles/tone. There will be a period of adjustment, but especially since he's in school and does "close work" he needs to be in bifocals otherwise, his eyes will work too hard and one will just quit working as the dominate eye tries to over-compensate.

We'll keep an eye on this and see how it goes.

UPDATE: Tuesday was a much better day for him. He seems to be adjusting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.