Happy Birthday, Sal
Today is Sal's 48th birthday. We woke up at the bed and breakfast, and I gave him his birthday presents. He had asked for a book written by Neal Peart, the drummer for the classic rock band, Rush. He also wanted an arm for his cymbal to attach to his drum set. I also gave him Beatles book of sheet music for the keyboard.
I called my mom to see how Seth was overnight, and he had slept great. She handed him the phone to talk to me, and when I said hello, he replied, with excitement in his voice, "that's my mom." Melted my heart, I'll tell ya. I assured him we'd be home shortly.
We had a delicious breakfast of homemade pancakes with fresh fruit, and other treats, and then we hung out with the innkeeper for a bit. Sal played Let it Be from his new book on the B&B's baby grand piano. He doesn't understand why I like listening to him play. I love piano music, and I love that he has that talent.
I wanted to stop into the new bake shop in Franklin to see about getting Sal a birthday cake, but since I didn't order ahead, he was stuck with a cupcake. I grabbed a cup of coffee, and we hit up a couple shops on Liberty Street before returning to my parents to see Seth.
We stayed the rest of the day, and Sal and Seth took a nap on the couch. We decided not to go to church in Franklin because it was raining, and I hate driving on the interstate in the dark in the rain. Since we had driven separately, I had no choice but to drive home.
I called my mom to see how Seth was overnight, and he had slept great. She handed him the phone to talk to me, and when I said hello, he replied, with excitement in his voice, "that's my mom." Melted my heart, I'll tell ya. I assured him we'd be home shortly.
We had a delicious breakfast of homemade pancakes with fresh fruit, and other treats, and then we hung out with the innkeeper for a bit. Sal played Let it Be from his new book on the B&B's baby grand piano. He doesn't understand why I like listening to him play. I love piano music, and I love that he has that talent.
I wanted to stop into the new bake shop in Franklin to see about getting Sal a birthday cake, but since I didn't order ahead, he was stuck with a cupcake. I grabbed a cup of coffee, and we hit up a couple shops on Liberty Street before returning to my parents to see Seth.
We stayed the rest of the day, and Sal and Seth took a nap on the couch. We decided not to go to church in Franklin because it was raining, and I hate driving on the interstate in the dark in the rain. Since we had driven separately, I had no choice but to drive home.
Comments
Post a Comment