Happy Birthday, Sal


The girls wanted to get Sal a princess cake, but I thought maybe The Avengers was a better choice. When I was buying the cake, the cashier said, "awwww, how old is the birthday boy?" She wasn't sure what to say when I told her 42.

The girls and I gave Sal a sock monkey tie, in red, for him to wear to his Christmas concert next week. I also gave him a coupon book from datevitation.com. Such a cute concept and he loved it. Basically you choose a few dates from a few hundred options from the website and they are printed into a book format. I bought 12 coupons and told him he is only allowed to redeem 1 per month. For example, one is for a mini-golf date, another is to order take-out and watch a movie at home, my favorite is a baseball game.






















We also took Sal to Max and Erma's for dinner, a restaurant he had never been to, even though it originated in Ohio. I meant to order cookies for dessert, and completely forgot. That was a bummer.

Then we hopped back in the car and visited Overly's Country Christmas at the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. It was the perfect night to be out enjoying an old-fashioned Christmas village complete with train display and bonfire, but it didn't take long for two little girls to get tired and cranky. They did have a chance to visit with Santa though (and for $7 I could have bought the picture).

Sarah wasn't sure what she wanted, but Emmy asked for make-up (REAL make-up) and a baby doll. This mom just tried to grin and laugh off the "real" make-up comment. The baby doll seems so much more age appropriate. She is getting both though. Shhhhh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been almost 8 months

Girls Weekend

Hello World. It's me, Dana.