We did have our Christmas picture session scheduled though. Seth was as uncooperative as I expected him to be. The girls behaved quite nicely. Our photographer has the patience of a saint.
We won't receive images for a couple weeks yet, but we had a beautiful, nearly 80 degree day, and the perfect time of day. I saw previews on our photographer's camera, and I'm sure she captured some great shots and moments.
It really was Seth's 20 month birthday today though, and I'd like to highlight some of his milestones.
- He's a really great workout buddy. He's learning how to march in place, move up and back, and kick along with my Leslie Sansone walking dvds.
- He's a great eater. All three of my children are actually. He still resists yogurt, but I can usually get a couple bites into him which is progress. That's really the only food he questions.
- He loves being outside. On rainy days, he'll stand at the door and cry. On nicer days he bangs on the door begging to go. "Walk? Walk!"
- He still loves his lovey blankets, both a puppy and a red sox blankie, but he's graduating to larger stuffed animals as well. Daycare told me he always has one in his hands. He pops his thumb in and rubs his cheek with it.
- His vocabulary is expanding. His speaking skills are far behind where Sarah and Emmy were at his age, but he's still well within the normal range, especially for a boy. Some recent words he's been saying are bup (cup), Emmy (for both Sarah and Emmy), and Mommy (until recently we have both been mama. Now I am "Mommy" and Sal is still "Mama."
- He still naps up to 4 hours per day, despite being an awesome night time sleeper as well. This is a blessing because when he's awake, he's into everything.